What we do at Dojah is quite customer-centric, where we constantly take client feedback and adopt them into existing or new products. This way, we learn quickly and deploy fast to ensure every Dojah client is well-served in onboarding and verifying their users.
In that spirit, we have evolved our standalone Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) Screening API, which allows you to screen users via PEP, OFAC, AML, Sanction, and Adverse media lists into a separate endpoint which allows you to perform AML Screening alongside phone number, email, IP check via one integration.
Drum rolls for the new User Screening API. 🥁
The user screening API allows you to screen users across multiple data points, including their names, phone number, email, location, and AML checks via a single endpoint. The API evaluates the information gotten from these data points and applies an overall risk score based on the analysis.
Why the User Screening API?
Dojah already offers AML checks and validations for phone numbers, emails, and IP addresses. However, these functionalities are siloed in their standalone endpoints. This means that customers have to run checks across these data points, merge the results together, analyze them, and make a decision as part of their fraud prevention process.
While this current process is effective, it can be improved open; hence the User Screening API.
The goal of the User Screening API is to provide an alternative to these siloed data points. It allows businesses to easily screen users and get an aggregate of the data from the screening process. Besides giving businesses seamless access to the screening data, the API also provides an overall risk score from 0 to 100. The risk score indicates the likelihood that a customer is fraudulent.
Ayomide Oso, Dojah’s Co-founder and Head of Product had this to say about the release of the API; “based on data from activities on our platform, we observed that businesses mostly use an individual combination of the AML, phone number, and email endpoints. With this key learning we decided to optimize the screening process by combining results from all these individual data points into one endpoint making results more accessible and instantly usable. At Dojah, we continue to improve on our services by listen to our users.”
Features of the User Screening API
- Email Verification: The API can validate the format and existence of an email address by checking domain details such as accounts registered with the email, email breaches, date created, and expiration.
- Phone Number Verification: It can verify a phone number’s authenticity, check its format, carrier, country of registration, and whether its active and reachable.
- IP Address Analysis: The API can analyze a user's IP address to determine its geolocation, proxy usage, or association with suspicious or malicious activities.
- AML Check: The API can cross-reference user data against government watchlists, sanctions lists, or other regulatory databases to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Benefits of the User Screening API
- Offers protection from fraud and security threats by verifying user information.
- Helps you meet KYC and AML requirements by conducting identity verification and compliance screenings.
- Safeguards your financial stability by reducing fraudulent transactions and chargebacks.
- Helps you build trust with customers, enhance your business reputation, and attract more users.
- Allows you to create tailor-made risk thresholds and rules to align with your business needs and risk appetites.
- Reduces operational costs by automating verification processes and minimizing manual reviews.
- Saves time and resources by allowing you to screen identity, email, IP, phone number, and AML data with one integration.
The User Screening API is available to all existing customers. New customers can sign up to get started with the API. Visit the documentation to learn more about the API and how it works. Contact us if you have any questions or require assistance.