2023 was an exciting time for all of us at Dojah, filled with many great moments, achievements, and milestones. We hope it was a great year for you.
As the year comes to a close, we decided to highlight some of our top moments of the year. Here's a recap of our key moments in 2023.
We took our global compliance to new levels by acquiring three more ISO certifications
What better way to kick off the year than with some ISO certifications? We bagged the prestigious ISO 27001: Information Security Management System, ISO 20000: IT Service Management System, and ISO 23001: Business Continuity Management certifications.
These certifications show our dedication to providing the best information security, quality management, and service management standards.
Our Co-Founder was listed among the 38 women fintech founders in Africa
We are super proud of our Co-founder, Ayomide Oso. Being counted among the 38 women fintech founders in Africa indicates her immense contributions to the growth and scale of technology across Africa.
We had multiple product updates and launches 🚀
This was a busy year for our product and engineering teams, who worked hard to launch new products and update existing ones. These include:
- EasyDetect, our transaction monitoring and fraud detection solution. Sign up for our free transaction monitoring offer for up to 10,000 transactions
- User screening API, which allows businesses to screen users across several data points, including phone, email, AML, and IP address
- Ongoing AML monitoring, which allows businesses to perform continuous AML checks and get real-time alerts via email and webhooks
- Advanced identity verification customization, which helps businesses to further customize and streamline the identity verification process
- Our life insurance fraud solution, which uses our robust Know Your Customer (KYC) solution and integrated data network to help insurers mitigate life insurance fraud
We published many learning resources 📚
Customer education is a priority for us at Dojah, and along those lines, we published the following resources around compliance, customer onboarding, fraud prevention, and identity verification:
We partnered with even more businesses this year 🤝
This year, we worked with even more businesses, helping them verify customers during onboarding, stay compliant with industry regulations, and prevent fraud. Some of our latest partnerships include:
- Opay, a leading financial service company in Nigeria
- Gokada, a major last-mile courier delivery solution in Nigeria
- Lapo Microfinance Bank, a Nigerian financial institution committed to the empowerment of low-income Nigerians by giving them access to responsible financial services
- Fullgap, a business management solution simplifying work for freelancers
- HUMBLPay, a Web3 platform with a digital wallet, verified profiles, search engine, ticketing, social media, and marketplace
- Bondly, a leading provider of escrow services for online transactions
- Lenco, a digital-only bank that issues current bank accounts for Startups and SMEs
- Cleva, a fintech service providing Nigerians with US-based dollar accounts
We hosted several live webinars and Twitter spaces 📢💬
We love to stay proactive at Dojah, and along those lines, we hosted several industry experts and led conversations around identity verification, compliance, and fraud prevention. Here are the live events we had:
This is a great chance to follow their links and watch the recordings if you missed the live sessions or want a refresher.
We look forward to leading many more discussions next year. Watch out for them.
We were live at San Fransisco Startup Grind, Africa TechSummit Nairobi, and Lagos Startup Week
We captured some moments from these events on our Instagram account. Follow the links below to check out them. Also, give us a follow while you're at it.
We launched the CyberSafety challenge
We created a 1-minute test to help you assess how safe you are from the various cyber threats in today's digital age. By taking the cybersecurity test, you will:
Yet to take the challenge? Try it out and see if you can score 100%
We joined Visa's Accelerator Program for African fintechs 🎉
Dojah was among the 23 African startups Visa selected for the first cohort of its Africa Fintech Accelerator Program. Joining the accelerator gives Dojah access to mentorships, investments, training, partnership opportunities, and more.
We are incredibly grateful for the opportunity to continue to develop solutions that improve financial inclusion for Africans. 🚀
Dojah's 2024: what to expect?
It's too early to let the cat out of the bag. However, let's just say we have a lot in store for all our customers in 2024, and our team is ready to cook up a storm!
Thank you for being part of our 2023, and watch out for all we have planned for next year! It will be great and exciting. As you hang out with friends and family and partake in the activities of this festive season, remember to stay safe because fraudsters are always on the prowl.
Want to stay in the loop on what's next in the Dojahland? You can follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube — or sign up for our newsletter!
Farwell to 2023 from all of us at Dojah, and happy holidays. See you ten times better in 2024.